Re: fluorescent tubes

Richard Sexton wrote:

> I can't imagine what would make poeple think C50's or PL-AQ's
> look "yellow" or "orange". A warm white might give you this
> impression, but a C50 has a decidely blue tinge to it, and the
> PLAQ's are quite pink.

Actually it is possible to make C50 look yellow by putting it
beside a daylight tube.  The daylight tube puts out more blue
than the C50.  When your eyes adjust to the higher blue level
of the daylight tube, they will "think" C50 does not have enough
blue and looks yellow.

PLAQ looks orange/yellow beats me too.  May be they put it
besides actinic.

Louis Lin