Any iron test kit news?

I've recently taken up the PMDD torch in my new 46 gal planted tank
and wanted to try to test for iron in order to obtain the .1mg/L
appropriate concentration...  I went through the actwin archives of
this list looking for advice and really couldn't find anything
conclusive..

Many articles listed the Lamotte as the best, but others said that it
couldn't read EDTA chelated iron (such as that in my PMDD trace mix),
which makes it pretty much useless...

Other articles listed the similarly priced Hach (?) kit as the best
and seemed to indicate it MAY read chelated iron...

This is a pretty big investment so what should I do???

Chris Schmelzer, M-2
Medical College of Wisconsin
Milwaukee, WI USA
<http://members.xoom.com/cschmelz/mcw/>

"The box said 'Requires Windows 95, or better.' So I bought a Macintosh."
						Harold Herbert Tessman

"The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining
armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos
neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate
technology, led them into it in the first place."
		Douglas Adams