RE:Ophiopogon

Hi Jim,
  This plant does DO well under water given good conditions. I've had
some for some time and there are nice new roots,new leaves, and good
general submersed growth . It's a tough plant . I cannot agree with
what's on the web on this plant as my own experience shows otherwise.
This plant will not cause you any problems unless general conditions for
plants are not being met. It likes moderate to low light  and cooler
temps(Mine's @70 F) .Acorus is sometimes accused of being a blacklisted
plant as are a few others but it grows for years under water.
  Generally speaking ,I would suggest staying away from the "blacklisted
plants" being new to planted aquaria. Stick with old favorites......
you'll have more sucesses and less confusion !!
  Tom Barr     AGA