Good Anubias Supply in January

In regards to Carlos' question regarding Arizona Aquatic Garden's supply during
winter, I just ordered from them and they had everything I ordered.  They did delay
my shipment a week to make sure they had everything, but as I ordered over the
holidays, I wasn't too surprised.  They are really good about updating their web page
(http://www.azgardens.com/) and will tell you over the phone, when you order, if they
do not have any more of a plant.  I found the support staff to be really helpful and
nice, the prices were reasonable, and the plants were in incredible shape when they
came in.  I really appreciated the advice more than anything, as I was purchasing my
first batch of plants for a planted tank ever, and I had no idea how far one amazon
sword would go!  Reading in a book is one thing, but it was good to have the person
growing the plants tell you how big a plant will get.  Considering the cold weather
and flight delays between Arizona and Maryland, the condition of the plants I
recieved was incredible.  They put a heating pack with the plants so that they
wouldn't get too cold.  Just so you know, they pack the plants in wet newspaper and
then in a sealed plastic bag, which is somewhat different than some mail-order
places, I think.  Remember to order before Tuesday, 12:00 to have your plants shipped
that Friday.

I did not order any anubias, so I don't how AAG's anubias are.  They all seem really
expensive and as this tank is just starting up, I figured a slow-growing plant like
anubias wouldn't be a wise choice.  (I am trying to avoid the dreaded algae wars)  If
everything goes well, I will slowly add more exotic and neat plants, but for now
cheap, hardy, and fast-growing sound good.  I do admit that I gave in to temptation a
little and bought something I wanted, but hey, that is part of the fun, right?

Oh, the plants I bought:
Marsilea crenata, Echinodorus tennellus, Sagittaria sublata, Cryptocorne willisii,
Echinodorus parv. Tropica, Didiplis diandra, Valisneria spiralis (corkscrew),
Valisnerai sp. contortion, Hygrophila difformis, Hygrophila polysperma, Hygrophila
rosanerus, Dwarf Onions, Hornwort, Gymnocoronis spilanthoides, Java Fern, Echinodorus
major (ruffle sword), and an Aponogeton ulvaceus bulb.

I would have to recommend Cryptocorne willisii.  It is absolutely lovely.  The guy I
ordered from asked me if I wanted any Cryptocornes and when I hesitated, he said I
would absolutely love willisii.  He was definately right!  It is really delicate with
pinkish stems and small dark green leaves and a really good purchase.  The pictures
just don't do it justice.

Jennifer Glover
(lurker coming out of hiding, now that the tank actually has water in it)