Re: BBA all over...HELP !!

> Aquatic Plants Digest    Saturday, January 9 1999    Volume 03 : Number 767
> Date: Sat, 09 Jan 1999 23:36:42 MYT
> From: "Juragan Karam" <perambot at hotmail_com>
> Subject: BBA all over...HELP !!
>
> However, I plan to kill the BBA spores by using Potassium Permanganate.
>
> After uprooting all plants, and the filter still intact and running,
> will Potassium Permanganate kill the beneficial bacteria in the filter
> media and gravel?

Yes.

Potassium permanganate will kill everything, it is a strong bleach.
--
Here is something that APD'ers may find useful in this topic:

Potassium permanganate's potency increases when it is acidified,
add a little dilute sulphuric acid to the solution.

After you apply Potassium permanganate, you will find everything stained brown.
To remove the stain apply a solution sodium metabilsulphite, this chemical is a food
preservative
available here in grocery stores. The stain disappears like *magic*.

Regards
--
Raj
Bangalore, South India