Cladophora info (bleach?)

Hello,

The other day while I was browsing for info on bba I ran across this
passage.  It did more than trip my interest, it fascinated me.  I was
wondering if anyone had this book or knew what type of animals they was
refering to?  Another thing that came up was these animals could
possible help encourage bba and this may (hence the word MAY) explain
why bba may stay in one location of a tank.

"Cladophora is colonized by a wide variety of epiphytes and motile
animals because it can offer protection from predation" Source:
J.-PHYCOL. 1992. vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 415-427

Ed