Re: Plant eating algae eaters

>Let's hear from anyone who has had plant-eating SAEs. Perhaps they do eat
>plants if they get hungry enough. It would be interesting to know.

Yes, I have an experience with plant eating SAE.
My SAE ate new sprout of  javamoss, and made it strawny fishbone.
There was almost no algae except some GSA.
My SAE grew very slowly compare to other people's and always looked very hungry. It even ate fish food from water surface whenever I feed my cardinals in the morning. Maybe he was on the competition with Yamatos for algae.
Anyway, SAE looked more easily starved than Yamatos, I coudn't see any symptom of starved Yamato.