South African Marsilea; Marsilea cultivation

In a message dated 1/5/1999 3:49:49 PM Eastern Standard Time, Aquatic-Plants-
Owner at actwin_com writes:

> The species of Marsilea found in my part of South Africa is Marsilea
>  macrocarpa. Apparently we have several species, of which none are in
>  cultivation.

hi jacques et al,

from your previous description, i knew taht the species you were talking about
was not schelpiana, which is smaller and has narrower "fronds" or "leaves"
(sorry, my fern terminology is not so up to date).  it would be great to get
some macrocarpa introduced into the hobby, it sounds like a great plant, with
large floating leaves.

anyone knows where i can find info on cultivating Marsileas?  my friend at the
botanic garden gave me some but they are not doing well in my 10 gallon tank
(very acidic and soft water, fine gravel substrate).

tsuh yang chen, nyc