Search engines

At 03:48 PM 1/4/99 -0500, you wrote:
>The reason that you will get different searches with different engines is that
>some web sites will only be registered with a certain search engine. Many
>search engines sent out spiders that will continuously search the Internet and
>log and categorize web sites, the most sophisticated search engine I have been
>told can only look at approx. half of the WWW.

Err, not really. A good friend of mine is the brains behind AltaVista. It
sucks down the entire web every few days.  A cluster of the biggest
baddest Dec Alphas and 7 OC-48's make this possible.

I've never registered any of my 200 or so websites anywhere, and they
sho up in all of them. A search engine that doesnt search, isn't a search
engine!

--
Richard J. Sexton                                         richard at aquaria_net
Maitland House, Bannockburn, Ontario, Canada, K0K 1Y0       +1 (613) 473 1719