standards was Re: Ion Exchange RO

In a message dated 1/2/1999 2:51:12 PM Central Standard Time, Aquatic-Plants-
Owner at actwin_com writes:

>  Which brings me to another question.  Is there any sort of consensus among
> the APDers as to
>  what an ideal target for pH and hardness in a planted aquarium is?  Or is
> there really no
>  standard as is my guess?

The "standards vary by the type of plants one is keeping.  Every type of
plant has its own variable range where it flourishes, survives or dies.  In
most CO2 aquariums though this range is somewhat extended from what it
is in the wild.  The KH is either higher or the pH lower in order to have a
higher concentration of CO2.

Dennis