Re: Cyano Preliminary Results

Adam R. Novitt wrote...

>As you may or may not be aware I've been doing some research on 'green
>water' or Cyanobacteria.  I got about 25 responses and data on perhaps 30-35
>tanks.  Thanks to all who've responded thus far, if you haven't yet it's
>still not to late.

<entire contents deleted>

What are you talking about Adam -green water or cyanobacteria?
You may wish to separate the "green water" data from the cyano-
bacteria data.

As an aside, I stopped fertilizing one 30 gallon tank about two
weeks ago. The cyanobacteria has moved in and is starting to
coat the leaves of the Nomaphila stricta. Tonight I have resumed
the PMDD. Watch the blue-green recede as oxygen levels rise in
the aquarium. This is not a particularly healthy aquarium, and
one could thatch a roof with the BBA. Any bets on the length of
time this will take?

--
Dave Whittaker
ac554 at FreeNet_Carleton.ca