re: snails carying algae

Hi Ed,

I have tried SAE.
(Yes the real ones, I staved them too.)
They ate other algae but they don't eat this stuff.
I don't think SAE are any better than my snails at eating algae anyway.
The only thing that I have seen that makes a significant dent in it are ghost
shrimp but it takes a fair number of them and they don't seem to live very long
in my soft water.

This algae is not from my water supply or air.
(I think it was introduced from stuff I gathered in a local pond.)
I would be happy to mail you some green fuzzy Ed.
Just so you could diversify your algae supply.

;-)

Regards,
Bill
(Trying to stay warm in Winnipeg.)