[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Disinfecting

In a message dated 1/1/1999 1:24:14 PM Central Standard Time, Aquatic-Plants-
Owner at actwin_com writes:

>  I am breaking down a 75 gal tank that I strongly suspect to have been
>  hit with a Mycobacteriosis type infection.  I am going to use a strong
>  bleach solution and a follow up by spraying down the tank with Alcohol.
>  My question is which alcohol, Denatured or rubbing?  Both have strong
>  poison warnings.  Also due to the poisons (does remain after the alcohol
>  is gone?) should I rinse the tank to get rid of the residue?    Thanks
>  for any answers.               JiM C.

The alcohol idea never crossed my mind as far as dissenting a tank is
concerned.  However I think I can comment here safely that either type
of alcohol should be equally as effective.  The alcohol will evaporate fairly
fast and not leave any residue.  I used to use it to regularly to dry film
after development and residue would have made the negatives useless.
If you can let it stand for few hours it would also help the evaporation
process assuring it is all gone.  But do it in a well ventilated area.