Re: Iron rich substrate and PMAS

Lorenzen, David C <david.lorenzen at eds_com> wrote:
> Has anyone posted the contents or ingredients to PMAS? I searched
> the archive and found none. How about it Steve?

PMAS (poor man's Amano substrate) is not my design but Bob's.

I do have a substrate design (HTBASS) documented on my web page
http://home.infinet.net/teban/how-to.html as well as a lot of other
information about how to customize the substrate to your needs.

The simplest substrate design for HTBASS is subsoil + peat + aquarium
gravel on top. Subsoil is soil you find about a foot below the surface
(depending on the depth of the dark topsoil layer). It contains trace
minerals but is very low in organic material, nitrogen and phosphate.

Steve Pushak                              Vancouver, BC, CANADA

Visit "Steve's Aquatic Page"      http://home.infinet.net/teban/