Re: odd tall tank

In a message dated 12/27/1998 3:00:20 AM Central Standard Time, Aquatic-
Plants-Owner at actwin_com writes:

<< I am considering setting up a 30gallon X-high tank (24.25"L X 12.5"W X
 24.75"H) in my bedroom.  Am wanting to use a medium tech setup including
 diy co2, diy heating cables, and a wet/dry filte >>

Many years ago I received a simular tank as a free gift from someone
getting out of tropical fish.  I found this tank a problem in 100 and q
different
ways.  I ened up not using it for plants at all.  Even the filteration was a
problem
and I ended up using coarse gravel and a UG filter with a powerhead as a
solution
to the filtering problems.  For lighting I simply gave up it always was
visably
 brighter near the top and dark on the bottom.

Dennis