Re: snails......

Kip Tarpley <kip at iex_net> wrote:
> I normally keep a slice of cucumber (weighted
> down by a piece of lead) in my tank for the
> platies to nibble on. After it has been in the
> tank for a day or two, I usually find it covered
> with snails ...

An alternative to lead for weighting down foods is slate or a bamboo
skewer. The skewer is the best device I found so far and I jam the top
end underneath a convenient piece of drift wood, the bottom into the
substrate.

Steve Pushak                              Vancouver, BC, CANADA

Visit "Steve's Aquatic Page"      http://home.infinet.net/teban/