Re: Slimy light green algae on the edges of my leaves

Anders,

This sounds like the same kind of algae which Olga had several months
back. I don't recall the specifics exactly but I believe she reduced the
iron fertilization and found some kind of fish that would eat the stuff.
I think some kinds of shrimps eat it (?). Not sure if she also reduced
the number of fish and the amount of feeding. Reducing feeding might
encourage some types of fish to eat the algae.

This is a curious algae. I wonder if any of the botanists can suggest
possible identification. It seems to be a filamentous algae however the
sliminess is unusual and it breaks apart very easily.

Steve Pushak                              Vancouver, BC, CANADA

Visit "Steve's Aquatic Page"      http://home.infinet.net/teban/