RE: Plants becoming too stemmy ?? why??

Hello,

Bingo! there's your answer.  Your color temp is not balanced right.  Red
is for elongated growth and blue is for short squatty growth.  However,
if you was local to me and went to a local fish store and ask for a
6500K bulb balanced in the red and blue spectrum you would get nothing
but a dumb blank look.  I would suggest something like a triton bulb,
better yet goto www.thekrib.com and read what they say about lighting
and plants. :)

Just my $0.02

Ed