Re: hydra

> Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 18:32:09 -0500
> From: Sarah Maline <maline at maine_maine.edu>
> Subject: hydra attack!
>
> Has anyone out there ever experienced a safe cure for hydra???
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!!!
>
> Sarah

Hi Sara:
You might try ghost shrimp (or is it 'glass shrimp'?).  When I used to keep
these, it seems like they were willing and able to eat almost any tiny
creature they could get hold of - although I didn't have hydra when I had
the shrimp, so I'm just guessing about that.

The shrimp would also eat algae and snail eggs, if these were scraped off
of the side of the tank first.

-Ted H