Other aquarium uses of nylon canvas

In addition to using plastic needlepoint canvas as an attachment for
plants, I also have made a large breeding box out of it for livebearers.
The commercial variety are painfully small, in my opinion. After you cut
your four panels to the size you want, lace the edges together with fishing
line.( A needle with a large enough hole helps.) Then for stability and
firmness, I cut the 1/2"  plastic strips used for clasping notebook pages,
to the correct lengths and slip them over the top edges. Then the box can
be secured inside the tank with clothespins attached to the top of the
tank(the clothespins don't touch the water).

Susan Romano