Plants becoming to stemmy ?? why ??

hi to all .. my new tank is now set up with mostly lancelot plants
mainly echinodorus sp.. osiris, amazonicus , major (ruffled), rose,
cordifolius(spelling check), and some apons and dwarf sags ,
its a 120 gal tank , 24 inches deep, im using 2 125 watt MV HID
pendants .. i noticed the lights to be a bit on the yellow side ..
i guess because of this the plants are becoming a bit too stemmy ,
what i mean to say is .. eg .. osiris grew 3 leaves with about 20 - 22
inch stems IS THIS NORMAL ?? .. DO YOU THINK THIS IS BECAUSE OF THE
LIGHT SPECTRUM ... I think intensity is not a problem .. ive covered
that ... IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN ADD TO MAYBE LESSEN THE STEMMY GROWTH
PROBLY A NO FLO BULB WITH A BLUE TINGE .. MAYBE OSRAM BLUE .. OR
ACTINIC..

COMMENTS SUGGESTION WOULD BE APPRECIATED ..

THANKS A LOT ..

MIKE