Re: CO2 safety

Earle commented on the dangers of CO2 transportation in cars. He
suggested putting the bottle in the trunk. This is not sufficient. I
recently was advised that transporting bottled CO2 in a passenger car is
illegal and carries a hefty fine. CO2 is classified as a suffocant gas
and it kills.

CO2 (in BC and probably Canada) _must_ be transported in a _truck_. The
place where I get my CO2 will gladly _deliver_ the stuff for a minimal
charge. If you are intent on carrying one in the car (trunk or not), at
least drive with the window down. I'm not sure that it would save you if
a full tank dumped. Maybe with the trunk lid open.

Steve Pushak                              Vancouver, BC, CANADA

Visit "Steve's Aquatic Page"      http://home.infinet.net/teban/