Re: answering questions

Im one of those people with a PhD (I studied the mineral nutrition of
aquatic plants) and one of the most important lessons you learn as a
student is to say "I dont know" when asked a question. Students who dont
learn this lesson often get crucified at their oral defense. Another
important lesson is to accept the fact of your mistakes when they do
happen... the process of science in large part is asking questions,
formulating tentative answers, and then testing your hypotheses. I find
that Im 'wrong' about 75% of the time in my research... but thats what
makes it so interesting!

dave.