Re: bottom cover for these conditions

>I'm in search of a carpet forming plant for the bottom of my 33
>gallon.  I've been around through the lilaeopsis
>brasilensis/glossostigma conversation.  I'm presently trying this
>with poor to OK results.

I have conditions in my 30 gal tank similar to yours.  When I was at
the Randallstown Aquarium center this summer I saw one of their
display tanks planted with Micranthemum as a foreground cover and
liked the effect, so I bought one bunch.  My tank has pea gravel as
substrate, but in the front I spread a finer gravel for the small
roots to hang onto.  It has worked very well for me.  The
Micranthemum spread across the fine gravel area very quickly with a
lush green carpet, but has not grown beyond that area.  Now I have to
trim it to keep it down to about an inch thick.  I do fertilize the
substrate with jobe's sticks occasionally, and add PMDD to the water
column daily.

Cathy Hartland