Where to get gravel

At 03:48 AM 12/11/98 -0500, Aquatic Plants Digest wrote:
>Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 20:24:53 -0500
>From: "James Purchase" <jpurch at interlog_com>
>Subject: Gravel source in Toronto
>
>I apologize for the local anture of this post, but I'm in need of 300 lbs.
>of 2-4 mm gravel, preferably red or brown granite, but quartz gravel in this
>size would do in a pinch. My usual source, a local building supplier, no
>longer has anything in this size that is not marble. And pet stores are WAY
>too expensive.
>
>So, anyone in the Toronto area - have any leads to building suppliers /
>homecenters / landscapers who would be able to supply me with some gravel?

I used to buy "natura;" aquarium gravel form the original (Danfirth)
Aquarium Toronto store, cheaper than anywhere else. When they stopped
getting it I called around to building/agregate places. I ended up
finding a place that was so cheap the store wanted ot buy some from me.

Unfortuneatley I forgotten the name of the place or where it was, it
might have been Hamilton, but it's out there somewhere; I just used the
phone books.

--
Richard J. Sexton                                         richard at aquaria_net
Maitland House, Bannockburn, Ontario, Canada, K0K 1Y0       +1 (613) 473 1719