Re:storage of co2 cylinders

Bob was wondering about the reason for storing high pressure cylinders
upright.  I am a respiratory therapist and am required to work with O2 tanks
quite frequently.  OSHA requires the tanks to be stored upright and secured to
a wall or carrier because the structure of a cylinder is not as strong on its
side as it is sitting up.  After time, the strength of the valve will be
compromised.  This is not to say you may store a cylinder for years and never
have a problem. The size of cylinders we are talking about are not that large
and do not have as high a psi as some of the larger tanks.  However, the point
is safety and if that means going out of your way to properly secure a
cylinder, then I whole heartedly suggest it :)

Duane Clark