Loss of emerse grown foliage

>Well, that's what I get for trying to diagnose without knowing all the facts
>:-).  Your symptoms sound alot like mine when I started my first plant tank.
>I was unaware, at that time, that most of the plants purchased in my LFS had
>emersed form leaves which were SUPPOSED to die off after a few weeks of
>submersion, and then I was supposed to wait for the new leaves to grow in.

Actually, under good growth conditions, emerse grown plants will start
putting out new submersed growth well before they begin to lose their older
leaves.  The exception is some Crypts.  Even there, most of the emerse
grown species adapt readily to new conditions without "melting".

>Always remember to allow time for whatever changes you make to take
>effect before abandoning it and trying something else.

_That_ is excellent advice!<g>
Karen Randall
Aquatic Gardeners Association