Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #694

Anton wrote about getting enough light in a 20 gallon tank, with the
beauty of the tank as a concern.

I have a ten gallon and I just bought another fluorescent light fixture
that fits on the normal hood.  This already has a reflector and is not too
expensive.  Next I got rid of the actual hood and replaced it with 2
strips of plexi-glass about 2 inches wide that span the tank from front to
back to hold my 2 light fixtures.  That puts me at 3 watts per gallon for
a 10 gallon tank.  Easy and cheap.