Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #688

I've tried the yeast method of CO2 injection twice now.  This morning I
noticed the same problem that I had the last time.  Very small white
strands accumulate on the side of the aquarium.  The first time that I
tried CO2 injection the water got so cloudy that I had to completely
change the water in my 10 gal. tank.  The "white stuff" has a slimy
consistency, and is in the form of small thin strands.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?  Is this some form of algae?  What can
I do to prevent it?  I thought it may have been caused by not having
enough plants in the tank or because of light being the limiting factor of
the photosynthesis in my tank.  I have since doubled my light (now about 3
watts/gallon) and crammed a bunch of plants in the tank.  I wiped
off the first signs of this white menace this morning.  Anyone have any
suggestions?

Jeremy