Re: Electrolysis of H2O

Hi Jason,

When you use the standard setup as Hoffmann's Voltameter and using
PLATINUM Electrodes for Electrolysis of dilute sulphuric acid
(acidified H20), you will get only H2 gas and O2 gas.

I can't remember whether I did the experiment or not (too long ago),
but it is in my secondary school Chemistry text book.

Regards
Casey Huang