Re: power compacts DIY

On Fri, 27 Nov 1998, Victor Eng wrote:
[most of *Excellent* post snipped]

> Also when choosing endcaps, one must decide weither to go with Custom
> Sealife or Hamilton bulbs.  The CSL bulbs have a 4 pin 'dice' configuration
> (like the number 4 on a dice ::) while the Hamilton bulbs have an inline 4
> configuration (....).  If anyone knows the names or parts number of these
> endcap types please e-mail me.

The inline-4 arrangement sounds the same as the Osram Dulux-L series.  I
ordered the $2 endcap (not waterproof) as type 2G11.  I don't know about
the dice thing, though something in the back of my head tells me someone
hooked one up to a circline ballast in an article on the web somewhere...

   - Erik

--
Erik Olson
erik at thekrib dot com