Tannins

Hey everybody
        I just set up a new tank(38g.) for my sirens. For you
herpetologists (siren lacertina). They love plants and wood. I put to very
large chunks of drift wood in the water then planted heavily with different
vals. The water is a dark brown from the tannins released by the wood. I
don't really want to remove the wood so I'm looking for alternative
solutions to the problem.
        It's not truley a problem, but I'm afraid the tannins are blocking
light, that the vals would like to have. Plus everybody likes crystal clear
water. any suggestions ?

Matt Estep
Smiley21 at boone_net
828 264 3756