Re: Too much light?

On Tue, 24 Nov 1998 Cbbgthdr at aol_com wrote:

> Is there such a thing as too much light in a planted aquarium. I'm going to
> put a twenty-seven watt lamp in a six gallon tank. Is there an optimal amount
> of light that I should gun for. Just wondering?

If you take a look over at www.thekrib.com/Plants/Tech/Lighting/ you'll
see that Amano does just that with his smaller tanks.

However, I think this very much depends on what else you do with the tank,
because you need to balance high light, high fertilization, and high-CO2.
I have a 50-gallon "tube" tank with a 175 watt MH over it, and it's a
green-algae sink because I cannot obtain balance with other nutrients.

    - Erik

--
Erik Olson
erik at thekrib dot com