Plant trimming tools

Kelly Beard wrote:

>Besides the stuff ADA sells ($$$$$$$) what kind of plant planting and
>trimming tools do you have and where did you get them?  I'm thinking about
>going to a surgical supply house, if such a thing exists.

I had a friend of mine who is a dentist order me all sorts of neat tools
for very little money.  It seems that the dentists get catalogs with two
types of instruments.  The best ones are made in Europe, and are quite
expensive.  The lower grade instruments are made in Asia, and are _very_
inexpensive.  The dentists don't like the cheap ones, because they don't
stand up to repeated autoclaving.  Since I don't autoclave between uses,
they've stood up just fine for me.<g>  I do make sure to dry them
thoroughly before I put them away, even though they are "stainless" steel.

Karen Randall
Aquatic Gardeners Association