RE: Green Water Rational

> Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 16:23:44 PST
> From: "Colin Anderson" <colin_d_anderson at hotmail_com>
> Subject: Green Water Rational
>
> Here's my earth science/common sense approach to the green water
> situtation.  Instinct tells me that the fall is a time of lower
> rainfall(at least in North America) and lower river flow volumes.  Thus
> higher nutrient concentrations exist with the lack of usual dilution.

Two comments...

Fall might be a time of low rainfall where you live, but it is a time of
higher rainfall in many parts of North America.

Higher rainfall means that creeks and rivers are higher than usual, and
biological material from their banks is swept into the water.  Thus higher
rainfall causes higher nutrient concentrations.

Frank.
-----
The very act of seeking sets something in motion to meet us;
something in the universe, or in the unconscious responds as if
to an invitation.  - Jean Shinoda Bolen

http://home.istar.ca/~fir