Re: Green water

Paul Krombholz did a lot of experiments with green water and adding
nutrients including nitrate and these are written up in TAG 4:2 and 5:2.
According to Paul's data adding nitrate doesn't do anything but make the
green water greener. I'm afraid I can't go along with the suggestion
that green water is _caused_ by a shortage of nitrate. It results when
conditions are favourable for the algae to grow.
--
Steve Pushak                              Vancouver, BC, CANADA

Visit "Steve's Aquatic Page"      http://home.infinet.net/teban/