[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: laceleaf flower??
- To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
- Subject: RE: laceleaf flower??
- From: "Wilson" <jwilson at knology_net>
- Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 16:45:35 -0600
- Disposition-Notification-To: "Wilson" <jwilson at knology_net>
- Importance: Normal
- In-Reply-To: <199811160848.DAA17519 at acme_actwin.com>
> From: Ed Street <br at ldl_net>
> thanks for the reply. The spike (flower/leaf?) has NOT
> opened up like
> the other leaf's has and it has almost doubled it's size, it
> resembles a
> spear and upon close observation there's a little line in the
> top of it.
> I'm hoping that this is a flower spike rather than a leaf. I
> guess i'll
> just have to wait and see. As for the thickness of it it's
> about 1/2 the
> size of a mouse cord and it getting bigger.
It will continue to look like a spear until after it reaches the surface.
The only ones I have ever seen bloom are here, so my sample size is a little
small. The flower stalks here grow about 3 inches per day until the break
surface 28" above them.