Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #647

>Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 09:22:33 -0600
>From: krombhol at teclink_net (Paul Krombholz)
>Subject: Re:fluidized bed filters and green water
>
>Has anyone ever had green water while using a fluidized bed filter?  I am
>wondering if being passed through all those moving sand grains would kill
>planktonic algae cells.

I have used a fluidized bed filter namely and Lifeguard FB300 on a 55
gallon tank and have had green water. In fact that tank had more different
forms of Algae than I have experienced in any other tank, but I don't think
the they are related events. The only thing you got to make sure with
fluidized beds is that the water is well areated after it leaves the
system.

So in short no, I haven't found it to help.

Julius