pH 6.4 kH 7

    test    tap       tank
    gh      22        18     dH      Red Sea Labs kit
    kh      7         7      dH      Aquarium Pharm. kit
    pH      7.4       6.4            Wardley kit

Thanks for the response Carlos, they've been pretty thin on this
question.  I don't use any buffer up/down or sideways, also no peat,
although I've considered it.

What your telling me is that if my pH and kH are accurate, one of two
things is happening.  First, I have 70ppm CO2, and all of my fish are on
some sort of steroid and can live through this.  Or, Second, I've got
some buffering which is not identified by these tests.

My question that follows this is, what other buffering agents are out
there besides the carbonates?

Colin Anderson