Re: [none]

Alberto writes:

> theres a discution about carbon that can eliminate trace elements from
>  the water, i guess thats true, what other media i could use in my tank
>  to maintain water clarity but keeping the trace?

No chemical media, they all generally work on the principal of adsorption.
But a good sponge filter, slightly larger than needed and driven heavily, with
the outflow below the surface to avoid surface agitation and the resukltatnt
loss of CO2, can do wonders for clarity.  It will also provide some current
across the leaf surface, generally agreed to be a good thing.  It will not
remove the amber that comes from peat and other plant matter, however.
Clarity and color are not necessarily the same thing.

Bob Dixon