Kelvin and Plants

I currently have a 10,000K 175W MH lamp over a 65 gallon tank.  The color
rendition is beautiful, but I'm not getting the lush growth that I think is
possible.  I suppose it's possible that the plants "think" they are under a
lot more water because of the bluish light.  The cabomba is flowering however,
so at least that plant likes it.  I recently tried a 5500K Venture lamp.  Ugly
Ugly Ugly.  The CRI is 75 and the the colors are terrible.  WAY too much
yellow, particularly since I am used to the other light.  The cardinal tetras
turned green and orange.  It is now on it's way back to be exchanged for a
6500K lamp.  More to come.....

Tom