Killing fish

We were discussing the issue of humanely killing fish at work and one of
the guys here mentioned a way to euthenize fish.  Instead of freezing or
using boiling water, how about using alcohol or some other substance that
would kill instantly?  I know hard liquor maks my tongue go numb, so I
would imagine it would make the fish numb as well.  Plus the alcohol would
kill them pretty instantaneous.  I have never had the need to kill any
fish (they seem to be dying all on their own in my tank lately), so I
haven't had a chance to try this, but it might be like the gas chamber for
people.  Please don't flame me, I am just offering a completely
unresearched idea.

Jenn

* 3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't. *