Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 14:14:27 -0600
From: "Beard, Kelly" <KBeard at comdata_com>
Subject: Takashi Amano and activiated carbon

One the Krib there is a report (by someone on the list if I'm correct)
of
the effects of activated carbon and trace elements (iron, etc.).  The
graph
plainly shows a reduction of these nutrients by carbon over a short
period
of time.

I bought a copy of Tropical Fish Hobbyist and Amano has an article (with
accompanying adverts) about ferns.  In the data on the tank he notes
that
activated carbon is used, for water clarity I imagine.

So, does he know something we don't, or does he not know what we know,
OR
are his tanks not meant for long term use and are only constructed to
take a
pretty picture and then be torn down?  BTW, I ordered Nature Aquarium
World
1 & 3 from my LFS for a steal.

He needs to get on this list.  Obviously he doesn't know what he's
doing.
;-)