Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #620

At 03:48 AM 11/3/98 -0500, Guang Yan Wang asked:
>Hello, I'm goinr to purchase a co2 setup, But i don't know what items i
>need. What is a highpressure system? What is a low pressure system? what are
>the difference in setup? Do I need a needle valve, what are they for? What
>knid of regulator to use? What are soliniars?

Here are a couple of resources on CO2:

http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/CO2/

http://www.wcf.com/co2iron

A solenoid is a switch that is electrically activated and turns the CO2 on
and off in an effort to stabilize pH or CO2 level or ....  The problem with
them is that a failure can be catastrophic.  See the faq on the second page
above.