Co2 injection worthwhile in THIS case?

Hello again.

I have an interesting problem at hame.  Have been looking at the various
co2 systems and started monitoring the co2 levels in my 20 gallon tank,
which stays around 9-14 ppm.  From what I have been reading anything
from 10-20 seems ideal range.  My concern is is it worth spending $400
for a co2 setup in this case?  Recently I have been entertaining the
thoughts of using DIY co2 injections, may provide more bang for the buck
and it seems that I just need a marginal increase.

The main question I have is it practical to use co2 injection in this
tank??

Ed