Re: chlorine/chloramine

I'd be careful with generalizations about safe water change percentages.
The chlorine/chloramine concentration in my water varies from over 2 ppm
during the summer when water consumption is high to 0.1 ppm in the fall
when they haven't taken some of the storage capability offline.  That's
a considerable range.

As far as I know, the toxicity of the ammonia in the chloramine will
also be dependant upon the pH of the tank.  A low pH CO2 injected plant
tank may not have a problem but a high pH African cichlid tank might.

Don