Black substrate?

>Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 10:32:45 PST
>From: "alberto rodriguez" <alberto_95 at hotmail_com>

> Does somebody know how to correct the problem of Blacked substrate
>without emptying the tank?
> somebody help me, my plants are melting and dying....

I hope you are not someone just trying to have "fun" with the folks on this
digest. Obviously, you will have to tell us a lot more than that you have a
"blackened" substrate if we are going to help you.

What is in the substrate?
What lighting do you have?
What are the water conditions? filtering...water changes...how long has the
tank been set up.... size of tank... number of fish... kind of plants....
fertilizers used etc. etc.
Everything you can think of.

Olga
in Vancouver