Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #604

>Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 09:00:38 -0600
>From: "Beard, Kelly" <KBeard at comdata_com>
>Subject: Glossostigma Elantoinoides again
>
>Thanks to all who replied about this plant.  A couple of folks mentioned
>that the plant requires strong light.  I assume that 220 watts over a 75
>gallon will be sufficient.

Just to mess you up, I grow Glossostigma elantoinoides just fine in a 75
gallon tank with 120W of light.  One thing they definitely need is fine
gravel.  I created a small area in the tank with fine gravel, surrounded
by coarser gravel, and planted the Glossostigma at the border of the fine
gravel area.  It grew and covered the fine-gravel area completely, but
would not penetrate the coarser gravel.

Hoa

Aquarium: http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/2637/