Re: daphnia

> Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 17:05:32 -0500
> From: BlackNet Runner <br at ldl_net>
> Subject: daphnia?
>
> I have been looking for daphnia a.k.a. water fleas for a while now.
> My question is does anyone harvest these and/or know of sources in
> the US?

Our microbiology dept. uses them in cronic pass/fail testing for
industrial effluents. Ours are ordered from the EPA. They are
extremely difficult to keep, even under laboratory conditions. They
also have a short (< 30 days) lifespan and eat only certain strains
of algae. Sorry, don't know of any feasible sources.
Jamie Johnson         "Keep your eyes on the stars
Chemist-Trace Metals   and your feet on the ground"
Davis & Floyd, Inc.            -Theodore Roosevelt
jjohnson at davisfloyd_com