Mutant black brush algae

While gazing at detached bits of BBA as they drifted across
the front of my 30 gallon, I noticed a piece that stood out
dramatically from the rest. It was coloured a bright red,
instead of the usual gray-green or blackish green. The colour
was pretty close to that of rotala macrandra under high
light. Maybe it was lacking a pigment or two. Has anyone
seen something similar?

Hopefully I'll be able to isolate and grow it in quantity.
This could be the marketing opportunity of the decade. Just
the item to brighten up a dull green tank or add colour to
a SAE's salad.

--
Dave Whittaker
ac554 at FreeNet_Carleton.ca